Area HSES & Technical Compliance Manager
Region UK - Flexible
Location Flexible (UK)Overview
This role will cover either the Central Region of the UK (Roughly from between Liverpool to the Home Counties) or the South Region of the UK (Roughly from the Home Counties downwards).
A successful Area HSES & Technical Compliance Manager will motivate, lead and inspire their team to drive better performance across the organisation to ultimately achieve an incident free workplace, excellent technical compliance and high standards of customer service.The Role
You will continuously improve personal and technical safety, wellbeing, environmental and security working practices and ensure full compliance with appropriate legislation, regulation, technical, operational and business policies, standards and procedures by:
* Driving excellent standards and performance in health, safety, environment, security and technical compliance.
* Demonstrating relentless drive, energy and determination to deliver sustainable performance that rigorously achieves against demanding competitive industry benchmarks.
* Implementing and reviewing the processes and practices to ensure compliance with all current regulations with regard to personal, technical and environmental criteria and drive solutions for continuous improvement.
* Actively identifying opportunities; seek best practice initiatives and support managers to implement safe and technically excellent solutions, working practices and behaviours within the business to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all employees, contractors, customers and third parties.
* Preparing the business for changes in regulatory and environmental legislation and advice the necessary stakeholders on the impact of any future changes. The job holder will be expected to participate in a standby rota for out of normal working hour's incident investigation and provide support for other health, safety and environmental incident requests.
The job holder will be expected to participate in a standby rota for out of normal working hour's incident investigation and provide support for other health, safety and environmental incident requests.The Person
You must have impeccable influential and communications skills to be able to drive the best performance in accordance to our safety agenda and be able to build strong relationships across all levels in the organisation to drive the right culture and behaviours.
You must have strong HSE knowledge (risk management, internal controls, personal safety, technical standards, safety assurance and incident management); industry best practice initiatives and regulatory requirements for utility businesses and be a true strategic thinker, establishing clear strategic direction and implementing plans to deliver.
To see the full job description for this role please contact email@example.comThe Company
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing 'Update required: Area HSES & Technical Compliance Manager R9933033' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Salary: 45,000 - 60,000 - dependent on experience, 5,100 car allowance, bonus and benefits
Location: South or Central Regions of the UK